It’s so easy to fall behind in client service. All you have to do is stay the same. But, 30 firms overcome the odds and perform 9 times better at client service than everyone else. These firms are The BTI Client Service 30. While all firms in this elite group stand out for superior client service, the following firms are especially impressive:
- Jones Day is ranked number 1—absolutely best with their 10th appearance in the top spot
- Skadden—ranked at number 2—makes their 16th appearance in The BTI Client Service 30
- Dentons, at number 3, continues to be as aggressive with client service as they are with growth
- Latham moves up to number 4 by improving the value delivered to clients to best-in-class levels
We also note the 4 firms above are the only law firms corporate counsel rank Best of the Best in all 17 activities driving client service. Jones Day and Dentons have delivered on all 17 best-in-class cylinders for 2 years in a row.
- Jones Day, Morgan Lewis, and Sidley show unmatched commitment—and success—in continually improving client service. These 3 are the only firms to land a coveted spot on The BTI Client Service 30 in all 17 years BTI has been conducting the research.
- 8 law firms have been improving performance and rejoin The BTI Client Service 30:
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
- Davis Polk
- Mayer Brown
- King & Spalding
- McDermott Will & Emery
What Clients See in the Best Performers
Every firm on The BTI Client Service 30 has been here before—for an average of 8 times. They all have ongoing client service programs, as compared to so many firms who start a client service initiative and then change to a new initiative after a year is up. Superior performance demands client service improvement be a permanent part of daily life.
This year, top legal decision makers report superior client service is all about client-facing programs. We heard about dedicated client teams, law firms seeking out client feedback, industry knowledge, and deeply customized educational tools and sessions. We also heard how firms in The BTI Client Service 30 have become much more sensitive to the need for budget certainty—and are delivering.
You can learn the client service strategies and tactics used by The BTI Client Service 30 here. You can see where your firm stands by ordering your copy of the BTI Client Service A-Team 2018: Survey of Law Firm Client Service Performance, which includes a custom comparison of your firm with up to 8 competitors of your choice. This report is the only place you can learn exactly where your firm improved and where a competitor may have improved more—and recommends exactly what to do about it.
BTI has been helping our clients design and implement the most effective client service and business development programs in the world. We welcome the opportunity to discuss how to improve your performance.
Please join me in congratulating The BTI Client Service 30 for 2018.