Let the change begin.
Since 2009, law firm marketing leaders have attributed slow growth to market forces. No longer. At the end of 2013, law firm marketing leaders have stared down—and accepted—the flat legal market.
Market conditions and competitors’ strategies are outside the control and influence of law firm marketing leaders. And law firm marketers are changing their attitude. Savvy leaders are taking seemingly ominous market trends and using them to their advantage to get a leg up in a flat market and outpace competitors.
In BTI’s latest webinar, we share a number of new, competitive tactics to drive growth in a flat market, including:
- Performing detailed diagnostic reviews of clients’ top exposures
- Reassigning top business developers—mandating them to bill less time and spend more strategic time with clients
- Networking key like-minded clients together for peer-to-peer discussions and education
- Partners developing select business development activities to place in the annual goals
- Dedicating a larger portion of the budget to individual client activities
While some of these tactics are far from easy, changing attitude and behavior in law firms (or any organization) is easier than changing market conditions.
As Maya Angelou once said, “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” Attitudes have changed. Let the change begin.